Control Line events may change to suit conditions or circumstances. Normally, we practice until 2pm and events commence at or after 2pm. Best to check by contacting Andrew Robinson (06) 754 3224 or email@example.com
Free Flight events general start time is between 9am and 9:30am. If the weather looks bad in the morning ring Alec Fuller (0220814799) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to check, as the event may be postponed to the following weekend.
Check out the calendar below for our up-coming events.
Radio Control events start at 1pm on Sundays unless advised otherwise.
The contest directors are:-
Slope Soaring/Helicopters - Allen Lawrence (06) 753 9789 or email@example.com
Thermal & Electric Gliding - Allen Lawrence (06) 753 9789 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pylon Racing/Scale - Justin Whalley (06) 7511442 or email@example.com
All club Radio Control events commence at 1pm on Sundays….
RC Events Calendar
NPMAC EVENT AND THEME DAY CALENDAR 2018/2019
May 6th Multiwing/Biplanes & Triplanes
May 20th Gliders Electric/Tow etc. (We will run a 6min max/spot landing comp over 3 rounds for electric gliders for those interested on the day)
June 3rd Electric Day – Fly anything electric
June 17th Speed/Pylon
July 1st Civilian/Agricultural/Sport flying
July 15th Warbirds
July 29th Multiwing/Biplanes & Triplanes
Aug 12th Speed/Pylon
Aug 26th Electric Day – Fly anything electric
Sept 9th Warbirds
Sept 23rd Floatplanes at Lake Ratapiko
Oct 7th Civilian/Agricultural/Sport flying
Oct 19th Indoor at TSB Stadium
Oct 21st Vintage/Gliders Electric/Tow etc. (We will run a 6min max/spot landing comp over 3 rounds for electric gliders for those interested on the day, also first Vintage comp)
Nov 10th – 11th LMANZ rally @ Ferndene
Nov 25th Speed/Pylon
Dec 16th Floatplanes at Lake Ratapiko/Christmas BBQ
Jan 6th Warbirds
Jan 20th Floatplanes at Lake Ratapiko
Feb 3rd Gliders Electric/Tow etc. (We will run a 6min max/spot landing comp over 3 rounds for electric gliders for those interested on the day)
Feb 24th Electric Day – Fly anything electric
Mar 8th – 10th Memorial Weekend. Fri-Indoor TSB Stadium; Sat- AM Sport flying @ Ferndene, PM Floatplanes/Memorial Dinner at Lake Ratapiko; Sun- Sport flying @ Ferndene
Mar 22nd AGM 7.00pm at the Star Gym
Mar 24th Floatplanes at Lake Ratapiko
Apr 7th Civilian/Agricultural/Sport flying
Apr 15th Speed/Pylon
May 5th Warbirds
May 19th Multiwing/Biplanes & Triplanes
Plus 4 club nights Dates and themes to be confirmed (Please contact Alan Paulsen with ideas for these events)
· All dates are weather dependent. The following Sundays are postponement dates except for the MANZ rally, Floatplanes and the Memorial Fly-in weekends.
· We have tried to take advantage of the summer weather with the inclusion of an extra floatplane day. We had most scheduled floatplane days last year abandoned because of the weather.
· Theme days held @ Ferndene include a club supplied BBQ lunch. A landing fee of $2 per person will be collected on the day to offset BBQ costs.
· Floatplane days will require a $10 landing fee per person to offset lake hire and BBQ costs.
· Slope Soaring – These theme days have not been included this time around as they are too weather dependent. This does not preclude members organising a day casually when the weather is suitable. This is where WhatsApp is useful – have you become part of that group?
· BARON TROPHY – Each theme day is a Baron Trophy day. This will be awarded to the flier who, in the opinion of the organisers, has participated most enthusiastically. The recipient will receive the trophy until the next theme day. They will also earn a point that is accumulated over the year. The flier with the most points earns the Baron Trophy at our annual club prize giving.