Control Line events may change to suit conditions or circumstances. Normally, we practice until 2pm and events commence at or after 2pm. Best to check by contacting Andrew Robinson (06) 754 3224 or email@example.com
Free Flight events general start time is between 9am and 9:30am. If the weather looks bad in the morning ring Alec Fuller (0220814799) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to check, as the event may be postponed to the following weekend.
Check out the calendar below for our up-coming events.
Radio Control events start at 1pm on Sundays unless advised otherwise.
The contest directors are:-
Slope Soaring/Helicopters - Allen Lawrence (06) 753 9789 or email@example.com
Thermal & Electric Gliding - Allen Lawrence (06) 753 9789 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Pylon Racing/Scale - Justin Whalley (06) 7511442 or email@example.com
All club Radio Control events commence at 1pm on Sundays….
RC Events Calendar
NPMAC EVENT AND THEME DAY CALENDAR 2019/2020
June 9th - Warbirds
June 23th - Pylon / Speed (Wild Thing Race)
July 7th - Glider / Tow/ Winch (Thermal A NDC)
July 21st - Multi Wing- Biplane and Triplanes
Aug 4th - Warbirds
Aug 18th - Vintage / Civilian / Agricultural
Sept 1st - Glider / Tow / Electric (Thermal M ALES200 NDC)
Sept 15th - Pylon / Speed (Falcon 40 Race)
Oct 6th - Floatplanes - Lake Ratapiko
Oct 20th - Glider / Tow / Electric (Thermal N ALES123 NDC)
Nov 3rd - Multi Wing- Biplane and Triplanes
Nov 17th - Vintage / Civilian / Agricultural
Dec 1st - Warbirds
Dec 15th - Christmas BBQ- Lake Ratapiko- Floatplanes
Jan 5th -Glider / Tow / Electric
Jan 19th - Multi Wing- Biplane and Triplanes
Feb 2nd - Warbirds
Feb 16th - Vintage / Civilian / Agricultural
March 6th -8th- Memorial Weekend (Indoor TSB Stadium on 6th, Floatplanes - Lake Ratapiko on 7th)
March 22nd - Pylon / Speed
April 5th - Vintage / Civilian / Agricultural
April 19th - Warbirds
May 3rd - Multi Wing- Biplane and Triplanes
May 17th - Glider / Tow / Electric
Indoor @ TSB Stadium
October 4th 2019
March 6th 2020 (Memorial Fly In Weekend)
Theme days held at the Radio site will include a club supplied BBQ lunch, a landing fee of $2.00 per person will be collected on the day to help subsidise the BBQ.
Floatplane days at Lake Ratapiko will also incur a landing fee of $10.00 per flier to cover the lake hireage
For any info on the events please see Mike P or Steve B
Plus 4 club nights Dates and themes to be confirmed (Please contact Alan Paulsen with ideas for these events)
· All dates are weather dependent. The following Sundays are postponement dates except for the MANZ rally, Floatplanes and the Memorial Fly-in weekends.
· We have tried to take advantage of the summer weather with the inclusion of an extra floatplane day.
· Theme days held @ Ferndene include a club supplied BBQ lunch. A landing fee of $2 per person will be collected on the day to offset BBQ costs.
· Floatplane days will require a $10 landing fee per person to offset lake hire and BBQ costs.
· Slope Soaring – These theme days have not been included this time around as they are too weather dependent. This does not preclude members organising a day casually when the weather is suitable. This is where WhatsApp is useful – have you become part of that group?
· BARON TROPHY – Each theme day is a Baron Trophy day. This will be awarded to the flier who, in the opinion of the organisers, has participated most enthusiastically. The recipient will receive the trophy until the next theme day. They will also earn a point that is accumulated over the year. The flier with the most points earns the Baron Trophy at our annual club prize giving.